Friday, June 27, 2008

How come tears come out of our eyes when we cry?

Did you know?



Tears flow from our eyes when we cry because they contain chemicals and hormones produced by our bodies.

When we become upset, our brains and bodies overreact and work overtime by producing chemicals and hormones.

Crying helps eliminate these extra chemicals that we don't need.

The chemicals and hormones disappear from our body through the form of tears. As our tears flow, they sooth our sadness or distress by withdrawing these chemical agents.
That is why many people feel calmer or more refreshed after crying--because the tears get rid of these hormones that are produced when we are sad, happy, or distressed.

So, if you're sad and distressed, please cry your heart out. You'll feel better.

7 comments:

molly said...

Yes, you are absolutely right, to be able to cry is a good thing. But I am not easily crying person ...

Marina Bay said...

cool body system!!

coolingstar9 said...

Lao zao Bar,
I am coolingstar9, I no time never cry.
Hope I can cry sometimes to remove poison.
I will support you for the competition.
Have a wonderful life.
Coolingstar9

Anonymous said...

VISIT US! http://filledesir.livejournal.com

electronicfly said...

Copying and pasting other people's work, is not cool.

If you didn't realise, they do have a copyright on their material, so there is a chance they will take legal action against you if they find out.

I suggest giving them due credit for their work.

http://www.coolquiz.com/trivia/explain/docs/tears.asp

SuperHero DragonFly said...

hey Lao Zha Bor... Hello from Malaysia

cool, educational post u have. Yea, I always cry my heart out when I watch Jack Neo's film. I cry because it's not sad, but it's so darn funny. Till then... take care

♥§hiling♥ said...

I am very healthy d. You wanna know why? Cause I everyday also got cry. After looking at your post, I know that i did not waste my tears.